Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15-n200ss
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, i want to upgrade the realtek wifi card to one that has the 5ghz conection, i dont know if my notebook can upgrade to for example Intel AC 7260 or one that has 5ghz

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Check your maintenance manual. It appears that Intel Wireless-N 7260BN 802.11 bgn 2x2 Wi-Fi + Bluetooth 4.0 combo adaptor will work. Spare part number 717384-001 (google this number for availability).

Search on topic Dual Band Wireless-N Adapter for further discussion.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

no one?

HP Recommended

really no one? :(:smileysad:

HP Recommended

Check your maintenance manual. It appears that Intel Wireless-N 7260BN 802.11 bgn 2x2 Wi-Fi + Bluetooth 4.0 combo adaptor will work. Spare part number 717384-001 (google this number for availability).

Search on topic Dual Band Wireless-N Adapter for further discussion.

HP Recommended

FYI...I did not intentionally mark your message as solved...it just happened. I really wanted to ask if you will follow up with your problem and let us know if you do get it solved to your satisfaction.

I am currently using a USB dual band adapter but will be glad to get rid of it and have the internal adapter.  I have a similar  dual band adapter on order myself for another model HP and am anxiously awaiting its arrival. So you can see I do have selfish reasons for wanting to know if it will solve your problem.

HP Recommended

I have a Pavilion dv6t-7000 which came with an Intel Centrino 2230BNHMW, SPS: 670290-001.  I purchased an Intel Advanced-N+Bluetooth 3.0, SPS: 636672-001 from JHETECH.COM on eBay and it worked perfectly in my machine.  I believe the Intel 6235 with an HP part number would have worked as well and has Bluetooth 4.0.  I called JHETECH to find out if I could return the module if it didn't work and they said yes so I think thay are a good outfit.  I am now on 5GHZ at 300mbs.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.