Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 14-bs018la
Microsoft Windows 11

I would like to upgrade the Bluetooth and Wi-Fi on my notebook, I would like to know if this adapter will be compatible "Wi-Fi 6E AX210NGW NGFF M.2 2230 BT5.2 802.11ax Tri-Band 160MHz 2x2 MU-MIMO AX210 5400Mbps Better AX200NGW" thanks in advance. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

If you want to go through the trouble of adding a second antenna, then see if this model wifi card works for you...

Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200 ax 2×2 + Bluetooth 5.0 MU-MIMO M.2 2230 non-vPro   HP part # L35282-005.

That model will work with both Intel and AMD notebooks.

However please note that I cannot guarantee it will work on your notebook.

You can also find this model card on eBay.  Search by the HP part number, not the model of the wifi card.

It must be the non-vPro model or it definitely won't work.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hi:

I believe that your notebook only has one antenna wire connected to the Realtek RTL8723BE-VB 802.11b/g/n 1x1 Wi-Fi + Bluetooth 4.0 combination WLAN adapter.

That only leaves you with this one wifi card upgrade option that works with a single antenna wire...

Realtek RTL8821CE 802.11 ac 1x1 WiFi + Bluetooth 4.2 Combo Adapter (MU-MIMO supported) HP part # L17365-005.

The card has a maximum throughput of 433 MBPS on the 5.0 GHz wifi band with an AC router and an excellent signal.

You can find this model on eBay, or Ali Express. 

I see some Intel 3165 cards listed on the eBay listings, so don't buy those.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=L17365-005&_sacat=0&_sop=15

RTL8821CE - Buy RTL8821CE with free shipping on AliExpress

On the Ali Express listings, make sure the card has the HP Part # of 915620-001.

HP Recommended

Dear @MRivas486 ,

Your laptop is not compatible with these Wi-fi cards of Intel. The processor you have is not CNVi compatible, which uses these cards. 

In addition, you need two antennas and your laptop has only one antenna.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the quick response, it does only have one antenna, I wouldn't mind to add a second antenna to it, it will be a fun little project, Actually, I already upgraded to that card that you are suggesting from the one that I had with BT 4.0 but what I care the most is that BT5.0 or better. 

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

If you want to go through the trouble of adding a second antenna, then see if this model wifi card works for you...

Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200 ax 2×2 + Bluetooth 5.0 MU-MIMO M.2 2230 non-vPro   HP part # L35282-005.

That model will work with both Intel and AMD notebooks.

However please note that I cannot guarantee it will work on your notebook.

You can also find this model card on eBay.  Search by the HP part number, not the model of the wifi card.

It must be the non-vPro model or it definitely won't work.

HP Recommended

Perfect, so it has to be M.2, I was looking at that in my options Key E as I saw in one of the options that I have, I will go with the AX200 since I was looking on the forum that many people have a problem with cards of the 210 series, my biggest fear was regards of the white list, thank you so much for taking the time to reply this. 

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

Please post back and let us know if the card worked, because that is the only way we find these things out, when a particular model wifi card is not listed as supported in the manual.

Regarding BIOS whitelists...

HP does not release any information on what notebooks have whitelists.

This is what I have learned over the years by working with folks trying to upgrade wifi adapters.

All HP notebooks made in 2011 or earlier have BIOS whitelists.

90% made in 2012 have BIOS whitelists. 

I can think of the dv6/7-7xxx and g6/7-2200/2300 models are the only ones that don't.

50% - 50% of those made in 2013 have them.

90% or less have BIOS whitelists for those PC's made in 2014 and later.

HP Recommended

On AMD processors I don't think these cards Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200 work, I not recommended. You can see here for mor info

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057689/wireless/intel-wireless-products.... 

to use the intel wi-fi card you need at least an 8 Th generation Coffee-Lake processor.

HP Recommended

Hi, @resistencia 

My HP 15-ee0047NR with an AMD Ryzen processor has that very model card, so I know it works.

HP ENVY x360 Laptop - 15-ee0047nr Product Specifications | HP® Customer Support

And that is the part number for the card in the service manual I posted.

HP Recommended

I surely will post the results, I have been upgrading this laptop to its maximum, already changed the 1366*768 display for a 1920*1080 IPS panel and it works so good, added a msata SSD and a second SSD using a caddy, and upgraded the ram as well. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.