Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP G4-HP Pavilion G4-2039TX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

As mention earlier in the thread below, I have managed to install Wifi6 AX200HMW card into my HP Pavilion G4-2039TX laptop, just to realize it is not whitelisted and it does perform well for a few months.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Is-G4-2039TX-Wifi-Card-Whiteli...

Another milestone reached today as I decided to take a step further by  getting a Wifi6E Mini-PCIE card and install into my G4.

It was abit delay as I choose to ship by air and end up by sea shipment which reach me in 12 days.

It is quite difficult to find this Mini-PCIE card as most of them selling are M2. Also the stock are very low once it launch as many just click and buy in bulk. I got the card in the second batch of stock as I miss the first batch due to extreme overwhelm response. End up I had to waited for a month for stock to replenish.

Antenna wise is still use the same as before. No need to change.

This is SSU brand Wifi6E AX210 with Intel driver v22.30.0 installed and it is also Bluetooth v5.2.  I have got myself a TP-Link AX20 Wifi6 router.

As for the speed compare between Wifi6 and Wifi6E 5Ghz, the download speed is about the same, but the upload speed do increase quite alot. I do not have a Wifi6E router and hence I cannot comment on the speed for 6Ghz.

Well, I am quite satisfy for a 8 years laptop that is still capable to  run at Wifi6E speed. Stay tune for the speed update if I can get a Wifi6E router.

PS: I just installed this card less than 10mins ago and using this laptop to type in this forum with connection of BT5.2 to my AKG Y50BT headset, listening to Youtube music...lol

Taobao.jpgSSU Wifi6E AX210.jpgHP Pavilion G4-2039TX.jpgDevice Manager - AX210HMW.jpgDevice Manager - AX210HMW - 6Ghz.jpgG4 - AX210HMW.jpgSpeedTest_Wifi6 Card_AX200.JPGSpeedTest_Wifi6E Card_AX210_Good.jpg

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.