Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BillBarnes
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Will a ZBook 15 G2 Laptop with 230W Docking Station run two 4K monitors at 60hz using DisplayPorts

HP ZBook 15 G2 Laptop
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Will a HP ZBook 15 G2 Laptop with a A7E38UT#ABA 230W Advanced Docking Station run two Samsung UHD Monitor UE850 monitors at 4K and 60hz using both DisplayPorts on the Docking Station?

I am currently running a HP ZBook 15 G2 Laptop using the A7E34AA#ABA Docking Station running two Samsung UHD UE850 Monitors at 4K.

I am using the DisplayPort on the A7E34AA#ABA Docking Station to run one of the Samsung UHD Monitor UE850 monitors at 4K and 60hz.

I am using a StarTech USB to DisplayPort adapter to provide a second DisplayPort. The adapter driven monitor will only refresh at 30 Hz and looks terrible compared to the 60 Hz monitor.

I can use the mini DisplayPort on the laptop to drive the second Samsung UHD Monitor UE850 monitors at 4K and 60hz, but I am afraid the laptop mini DisplayPort physical port will wear out quickly and give me trouble quickly because I remove laptop from the port at least daily.

Can the A7E38UT#ABA 230W Advanced Docking Station run two Samsung UHD Monitor UE850 monitors at 4K and 60hz using both DisplayPorts on the Docking Station?

Thank you.

Bill

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation