Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP X360 Convertible 14M-DH1008
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I have USB Type C multi port hub ( which has 1 LAN, 2 HDMI, 1VGA, 1 SD Card Slot, 3 USB 3.0 ports on it). When I connect it with my laptop Type C port it is not able to turn on all the ports on it due to lack of power supply. It has an option of power delivery port. My laptop comes with standard Pin charger. So if I connect the standard charger to my laptop and supply power to my Type C USB HUB through its Power Delivery Port will it provide power to connect devices or can that damage my laptop as I am not if that power will be received my laptop as well?

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@GauravChhabra 

HP X360 DH1008 is not a right specs, I can't work out the combination to get the right one therefore I us the following machine to answer your question because it should have same ports as its sisters like

HP Pavilion x360 - 14m-dh1003dx

which shows your machine has 1 USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-C™ (Data Transfer Only, 5 Gb/s signaling rate) port. 2 HDMI, 1VGA ports on your USB-C hub won't work, doesn't matter it has power or not.

You can connect power for your hub, USB-C port on your machine and USB-C port on your hub; they are not compatible anyway.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@GauravChhabra 

HP X360 DH1008 is not a right specs, I can't work out the combination to get the right one therefore I us the following machine to answer your question because it should have same ports as its sisters like

HP Pavilion x360 - 14m-dh1003dx

which shows your machine has 1 USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-C™ (Data Transfer Only, 5 Gb/s signaling rate) port. 2 HDMI, 1VGA ports on your USB-C hub won't work, doesn't matter it has power or not.

You can connect power for your hub, USB-C port on your machine and USB-C port on your hub; they are not compatible anyway.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.