Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Omen 15-AX248TX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am into video editing and i need to upgrade from 8gb to 16gb, so I found this on amazon, 2X8GB HyperX Memory. Will this be compatible with my laptop?

Link: https://www.amazon.in/HyperX-HX424S14IB2-2400MHz-Unbuffered-Internal/dp/B0722Q3243/ref=dp_ob_title_c...

Also the current memory has the CL-17(which i will be replacing with the new ones), Can i Opt for memories with with CL-14? 

Current Specs:

Processor: Intel Core i5-7300HQ (7th Gen)

Clock-speed: 2.5 Ghz

Memory: 2X4GB DDR4 2400Mhz

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

No more than 2 x 8

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@DEEPESH23 You should be able to upgrade the RAM according to the specifications supported by your device, and it looks like the two DDR4-2400 Dual Channel Support DIMMs slots are customer non-accessible/nonupgradeable as per the HP Service and maintenance guide (under page. 4-5 > Chapter 1 > Product description), however, you may upgrade using the details listed below at your own discretion:

Supports up to 16 GB max system memory (the device on the link you've shared, may work)

● 4096 MB (4096 MB x 1)

● 6144 MB (2048 MB x 1 + 4096MB x 1), no support for 32-bit OS

● 8192 MB (4096 MB x 2), no support for 32-bit OS

● 8192 MB (8192 MB x 1), no support for 32-bit OS

● 12288 MB (8192 MB +4096 MB), no support for 32-bit OS and Win7 Home Basic

● 16384 MB (8192 MB x 2), no support for 32-bit OS and Win7 Home Basic

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

I hope that answers your query,  

If it did, simply select "Accept as solution", to help the community grow, 

And if you wish to thank us for our efforts, click on the thumbs up for kudos.

Have a great day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Riddle_Decipher  already posted the Service Manual which you will need. You have 2 x 4 gig DDR4-2400 SO-DIMM. So to have 16 gigs you have to discard the 2 modules you have and install 2 x 8. 

This is the recommended module:

8 GB 2400 MHz 1.2v DDR4 shared 862398-855

The recommended memory has a latency rating of CL=17 which is standard for OEM memory. The HyperX you ask about has an aggressive latency rating of CL=14.  You say "Great. That means my laptop will be faster". But you would be mistaken. The motherboard will downclock it to CL=17; that is if the laptop even boots up with the HyperX installed. 

https://www.amazon.com/Timetec-PC4-19200-Unbuffered-Notebook-Computer/dp/B07FF92ND3/ref=sr_1_4?keywo...

Above is Timetec which is the amazon house brand but is made by Hynix one of the biggest OEM memory makers. 

This Crucial from amazon.in would also work and is a bit less expensive than the HyperX:

https://www.amazon.in/Crucial-8GB-DDR4-2400-SODIMM-CT8G4SFS824A/dp/B01BIWKP58/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=DD...

And by the way the laptop will run 2 x 16 = 32 gigs and if you are doing heavy video editing you need all the memory you can throw at your work so consider that. 

Post back with any more questions and please accept as solution if this is the info you needed. 

HP Recommended

Won't 2 Memories of 16 Gigs increase the heat inside the machine?

HP Recommended

No more than 2 x 8

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.