Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP 6510B
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm successfully  installed Windows 10 Pro 64 bit on my HP 6510B 4GB RAM and 240GB SSD with significant good performance. My next upgrade is to upgrade my T7300 cpu to T9500 CPU and hopefully if someone from HP can confirm if this is possible to upgrade the RAM to 8gb.

Kindly check if this is upgradeable, I found in this website they are selling specific 8G ram upgrade kit for HP 6510B model.

Hope someone can verify this.

This is the link selling 8gb ram Memory RAM | 8GB Kit (2x4GB) - HP (-Compaq) HP Compaq 6510b - (OEM-# Dual-Channel Memory Kit (2 x EM...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

This is a peer to peer forum.  No one from HP will confirm that 8 GB of memory will work in your notebook.

What I can tell you is I have two HP 6910p notebooks with the T7500 processor and the same chipset as your model and they both run 2 x 4 GB of DDR2-6400 memory just fine.  The only thing is if you don't know it already is the mobile Intel 965 chipset only runs DDR2-6400 memory at 667 MHz, not 800 MHz.

I would not be able to confirm the memory you want to buy will work.

This is the memory I bought for mine many years ago...

Patriot Signature 4GB 200-Pin DDR2 SO-DIMM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Laptop Memory Model PSD24G8002S - New...

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi:

This is a peer to peer forum.  No one from HP will confirm that 8 GB of memory will work in your notebook.

What I can tell you is I have two HP 6910p notebooks with the T7500 processor and the same chipset as your model and they both run 2 x 4 GB of DDR2-6400 memory just fine.  The only thing is if you don't know it already is the mobile Intel 965 chipset only runs DDR2-6400 memory at 667 MHz, not 800 MHz.

I would not be able to confirm the memory you want to buy will work.

This is the memory I bought for mine many years ago...

Patriot Signature 4GB 200-Pin DDR2 SO-DIMM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Laptop Memory Model PSD24G8002S - New...

HP Recommended

yes you are correct I think it will work based on the link it is 667 mhz - > 

t (2x4GB) HP Compaq 6510b memory upgrades (RAM) 667MHz

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.