Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP pavilion G4 1200TU
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi All, 

I have purchased my laptop in 2012, it is HP Pavilion G4 Series 1200 TU model.  I have updated my windows from 7 to 10 few months ago using microsoft website as I didn't get original windows DVD while first time purchase. Now it is showing windows not activated and can not recognize product key. Also, the performance became extremely slow and it takes 15-30 minutes to open google chrome and other stuffs. I have run all performance tests and recommended actions to improve performance, but no positive result so far. Can anyone help me out. Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

According to the product specs for your notebook it came with W7 Home Basic, 64 bit.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02993323

If you can still read the W7 product key on your PC's case, you should be able to change the product key to the W7 product key shown on the label to activate W10.

Unfortunately, I wouldn't be able to help you with why the PC is running so poorly.

Could be anything from needing more physical memory, to too many running programs in the background, a hard drive more than 50% full...a hard drive on its way out.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.