cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Windows 10 laptop not charging when plugged in. Non-removable battery

HP Recommended
HP Pavillion 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My laptop won't charge when it is plugged in, even though it says that it is. This happened a few months ago and I ran through the steps such as  uninstalling the drivers and shutting down and restarting. However I can't remove the battery, at least I don't have screwdrivers small enough to remove the back panel,  so none of the steps seemed to work then nor now.

Last time the battery ended up running down as I was trying to solve the problem for the umpteenth time, I left it turned off and unplugged for an hour or so and it seemed to start working again when I turned it back on. Please can somebody advise me of a better solution to this infuriating problem. 

1 REPLY 1
Level 19
Level 19
88,434 88,319 11,280 24,234
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Lawjokel wrote:

... Last time the battery ended up running down as I was trying to solve the problem for the umpteenth time, I left it turned off and unplugged for an hour or so and it seemed to start working again when I turned it back on. Please can somebody advise me of a better solution to this infuriating problem. 

@Lawjokel 

What is your machine ? Battery should be removable/replaceable.

To be honest, now I have to say: I will very carefully to answer any battery questions. 

My experience: Around August last year (yes 2020). I posted on this forum few times saying battery on my HP Omen 15 "is dead". I did try to replace it, but the cost was quoted A$226 from HP Partsurfer but I had to wait. Other vendor offered same part # over just over A$70. I decided to run on main (AC) only because I only use my HP Omen once or twice a month.

On Christmas day 2020, after a long wait due to Covid-10, my kids and their families came to visit me. Like all grand dads, I took videos and photos when my grand kids running around the house and garden. When trying to do my homework Editing videos and photos on 28Dec2020, I noticed the battery started to active (charging) and saw the result

Omen bat.png

Well. I can't explain why, the only thing I can say - Software causes this, because during August 2020 I upgraded my machine to 2004 and then 20H2 few months later. I did few other monthly updates during Nov 2020 and early Dec 2020. 

At this stage, I do not have an answer ! For your case, may be one day it would come back magically.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation