Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 Convertible 13-ae0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After the Windows 10 feature update 2004 in July 2020 the Synaptics touchpad of my HP Spectre x360 Convertible 13-ae002ng has many problems. For example it cannot do a "Drag two fingers to scroll" and "pinch zoom".

This happens with Synaptics touchpad driver 19.5.35.47.

I have reported this also to the Windows Feedback hub at: https://aka.ms/AA983zz

Please add a comment there to report that you have the same problem with this driver.

Apparently HP Envy x360 has the same problem with this driver, too:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-Envy-x360-two-finger-scrolling-bug...

It might be good to continue the discussion outside this forum since the topics in this forum get always closed and marked as solved although there is no solution like in this example

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Precision-Touchpad-Driver/td-p...

and admins refuse to open the topic again.

Also this forum is terribly slow and unresponsive.

HP support pointed out that my laptop is not yet in "HP Products Tested with Windows 10" at: https://support.hp.com/de-de/document/c05195282

Don't use the German page (https://support.hp.com/de-de/document/c05201517), because it is not up to date and only showing Windows update 1909.

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hi @fkbreitl

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

That is not what you did!

Instead you asked me for sensitive information like email, phone number and serial number of my device and never wrote back.

After some weeks I read the HP warning of scammers in this forum, which pretend to be HP employees to steal this information. When reporting you as scammer it turned out that you were not, but you had just done nothing about my problem.

This is the embarrassing conversation how HP wastes time of its customers:

to fkbreitl

Re: [ABUSE] By: ThatGuyFromSoMe / Private Message (611857)

Hi there!

Thank you for reporting it, you should be always alert for scammers like you are now.

But in this case it is a real HP support agent, you can give him your info safely via PM.

Kind regards,

Bianca S.

fkbreitl
‎08-09-2020

If you have a problem with scammers then why are you asking this sensitive information through this forum and not via phone. Also you don't need most of that information to get support active.

Furthermore why is support not getting in contact with me if this was a real message from HP?

I see many deficits on the side of HP.

‎08-10-2020

You can look for the HP support number on your region and get this contact vi phone.

Since you looked for support through the Community, the support you'll get is all within the Community.

Take care.

HP Recommended

@fkbreitl I understand this could be frustrating, however, the information is collected so that it can be forwarded to a team of supervisors that have the authority to call you up and get this sorted, and it's completely secure! that said, I checked with that team and they tell me that you have been contacted and received a discount on a new device, isn't that right?

If you haven't been contacted yet, please let me know so, I can have the same escalated to the next level, and they should contact you ASAP.

I hope you understand.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Wrong, I have contacted support completely unrelated to this forum. Nothing happened because of my posts here.

After support was unable to fix the problem I asked for a replacement Laptop and got an discount offer of 5% on a new laptop which is more expensive than mine.

Of course this is joke and is not helpful in this situation.

I either need this driver fixed or a new laptop with a working touchpad driver.

HP Recommended

@fkbreitl I suggest you install the latest firmware update for your chipset to resolve driver related issues with the touchpad and the new windows 10 2004 update: click here to download,

If that doesn't help, we'll just be left with two options, either wait for the patch to be released by Microsoft to fix the support for the touchpad or the updated driver to be released for your touchpad by HP, in both scenarios, you will need to switch to an external mouse while you await an update or downgrade the OS and disable automatic update to continue using the touchpad as it used to work before the update.

I hope that answers your query,  

If it did, simply select "Accept as solution", to help the community grow, 

And if you wish to thank us for our efforts, click on the thumbs up for kudos.

Have a great day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Obviously this answer doesn't help.

I always have the latest drivers and updates installed.

I didn't buy an expensive laptop to use an external mouse or run an obsolete Windows versions.

I have been waiting for new drivers since many month but there is no progress.

So your suggestions are not helpful at all.

HP Recommended

@fkbreitl 

Just to set the record straight, if you are referring to Windows 10 v19.09 when you claim the version is "obsolete" -- you are WRONG in that claim!  That version is the most stable one out there and is STILL being supported by MS -- to the degree that they brought out a Windows Update last week with a long list of fixes.  I have several PCs that did not fare well with the v20.04 update and are back to running v19.09 without issues.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

@WAWood I am referring to the future in which Windows 10 v19.09 is obsolete. Time runs fast!

HP Recommended

@fkbreitl 

I am aware that at some point, v19.09 will be considered obsolete -- but MS doesn't stop support for Win10 versions until 2 years after release -- and with v19.09, since they are still actively updating it, even though their NEXT release has been out for months now, it's hard to guess when they will stop supporting it.

And -- given stuff I read today about 20H2 being yet another Minor Update, who knows -- they might just keep on supporting v10.09 until they finally come out with a Feature Update that does not trash PCs.

My objection to the "obsolete" term is that make folks think they should avoid using that version, when in my view, they should take the opposite approach.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.