mamakp
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Windows 10 update won't install

HP Pavilion Notebook 17-g121wm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Windows can't install updates, everytime I start up my notebook windows trys to update, Error says windows up date can't install new udates, to fix it windows wants to uninstall Bios from Laptop 4632TEUG, I have a notebook not a laptop. I went into the setting and noticed that the name for the notebook was  Laptop 4632TEUG, I didn't give it that name. So do I let windows update uninstall the BIO's for the laptop and upgrade the BIO's

2 REPLIES 2
Level 17
Level 17
44,688 38,145 3,341 14,039
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You can't uninstall the BIOS. You can only update it. Windows Update can not do either- it is simply telling you to update your BIOS. Find your driver page and download & save the latest BIOS. Once download is complete close all open programs and browser windows and double click the file to update BIOS. Enter your model here to go to your driver/software page:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the Thumbs-Up button as a way to say Thanks!***

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Mike_Todd
Level 1
16 11 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I had a similar issue!

Tried to fresh load the machine and couldn't boot win10 from USB or Flash.

Tried to load on another similar machine and then transfer the drive, same issue.

Couldn't load win7 either.

It would boot into Linux!
Problem I had was I couldn't update the BIOS cause I couldn't get back into windows.

So I created the USB Bios recovery disk (that had multiple errors on 3 different machines)

In my win7 machine it had an instant error.

On a fresh loaded win7 machine it would look like it finished but would lock up and I had to CNTL+ALT+DEL

On a win10 machine it would start the process look like it finished and then the window would just close never saying Completed. (It did work though)
I had a hard time finding how to flash the bios when I couldn't do it through the bios or windows.
I was finally able to flash the bios by holding Windows Key+B and holding power on for 3 secs.

I continued to hold WinKey+B for maybe 8-10sec and the thing saw the flash drive, updated and worked!
After the new bios was on the machine it loaded with out any issue, works great!

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation