Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
PAVILION dv6t-7000
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Windows 10 ver 1709 update diabled Fingerprint sensor on HP A3E82AV (PAVILION dv6t-7000).

Followed MSFT Windows Hello fix (https://www.kapilarya.com/fix-windows-hello-isnt-available-on-this-device-windows-10) but still doesn't work.

MSFT Windows 10 trobleshooting sites all say Validity Fingerprint sensor driver (mine is ver 2.2,   PID=0018)  needs to be updated.

Can you provide a link to a Validity sensor deriver that works with Windows 10 Hello that is compatible with HP A3E82AV (PAVILION dv6t-7000). Ver 2.2 is the only driver availble under drivers page for HP A3E82AV (PAVILION dv6t-7000)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@trm972

Thank you for posting on HP Forums,

The Barachiel is at your service.

I understand you are in need of support,

I'll be glad to help you out. 🙂

I went through the post and I see that you've already performed most of the steps, Kudos to you on that. 😉

However, you may follow this link https://hp.care/2M1disz , and try installing it, and once done, re-start the computer and check if the finger print reader works. It might say it's for windows 8.1, but give it a try, it should work. 🙂

Let me know how that pans out.

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask any other queries as  well,

Considering, this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help. 😉

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@trm972

Thank you for posting on HP Forums,

The Barachiel is at your service.

I understand you are in need of support,

I'll be glad to help you out. 🙂

I went through the post and I see that you've already performed most of the steps, Kudos to you on that. 😉

However, you may follow this link https://hp.care/2M1disz , and try installing it, and once done, re-start the computer and check if the finger print reader works. It might say it's for windows 8.1, but give it a try, it should work. 🙂

Let me know how that pans out.

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask any other queries as  well,

Considering, this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help. 😉

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Barachiel,

Thank you for your suggestion, it worked. 

All the best and thank you again.

HP Recommended

@trm972

Thank you for responding,

It's great to have you back 😉

Hurray!!! I'm delighted to hear that it's working! Feel free to reach out to us again. Have a great day. 🙂

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead. 

You've been great to work with and it has been a genuine pleasure interacting with you.

I hope both you and your product works great and remain healthy for a long time 😉

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Barachiel,

A related issue has popped up since applying the fix.   The Popup window appears.

1) If I close the window it keeps popping back up

2) If I press GET STARTED, the SimplePass APP opens up for a second then automatically closes.

Either of the above occurs each time I log out and log back in.

HP SimplePass PopUp #1HP SimplePass PopUp #1

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.