Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Hp Envy 15t-J100
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello from a while now, maybe from july i have been experiencing some bluescreens while using my computer sometimes this happens when i turn it on or while i am on google chrome i didn't know exactly what is the problem. 

The first time it happens was in August 10 and the error was:

KERNEL SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE

then 13 August: SYSTEM THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

then the 22 August same error "SYSTEM THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED"

then 28 August: IRQL NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

then i reinstall windows using "Reset this PC" 

but then again today i get this error turning on my computer: SYSTEM SERVICE_EXCEPTION 

it might have something to do with the new windows update that they launch in july or it might be something else i hope somebody could help me with this issue. 

Thanks for the attention. 

Regards. 

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

@JoaquinDillen

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are getting bluescreen errors randomly.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I recommend you update the BIOS from the below link and check whether the issue is resolved.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers

If you continue facing the issue, then perform a system test following the steps in the below article.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03467259

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@The_Fossette

Hi! Thanks for the support! since i publish the post i try change the ram memory from their slots, only change the order. 

since i do that it seems that it fix the problem, already perform a windows memory diagnostic, and it came up with everything fine, in terms of the bios i already have the latest Bios update. The F.72 i update drivers from this link: 

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-envy-15-j100-notebook-pc-series/5401187

I did not use the system test by the time, if the "swap the RAMs" does not fix the problem, i will try to the system test. 

thank you so much for the support!! 

all the best for you! 

HP Recommended

Hi, before some time it works without problem (not too long), then i continued experiencing the problems with the bluescreen, i perform the test you indicate. the results where all good... 

i perform long drive self-test and short drive self test as shown in the pictures.

the drivers are up to date. 

i think the problem is the last version of windows all this problems started when i upgrade to windows 2004, i could use some advice if there's something else to do. If there's nothing to do i will do a clean reinstall of windows 1909 and see how it goes... hopefully it will fix the problem. 

windows test resoults 2.PNGwindows test resoults.PNG

in case that you can't see the pictures here is a link of both pictures:

https://ibb.co/my1kzCh
https://ibb.co/FbMG9t8

HP Recommended

@JoaquinDillen

I understand your concerns.

In that case, I would suggets you perform the system recovery.

1. Shutdown the computer.  

2. Turn the computer back on again and repeatedly tap on the ESC until a Startup menu appears.  

3. Press F11 once for System Recovery.  

4. Choose the Keyboard Layout.  

5. Click on Troubleshoot.  

6. Go to Recovery Manager and click on System Recovery.  

Note : Back-up all your data as System Recovery will delete everything that you had saved or installed on the computer.  

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

Hello, there's beeing some days since the last suggestion, here's the upgrade: 

I did as you say and nothing still showing problems... 

then i perform a boot usb with a clean windows 10 v2004 version created with mediacreation tool, i perform a clean windows 10 installation after format the hard drive. and nothing after a few hours working it show up BSOD, one of the problems along with the BSOD was a failure in the screen before it when down, so let me explain: 

Errors: 

• BSOD.
  • Freezes until you force to shut down.
  • Screen Problems showing image.

All this errors very frequently. 

i will list the BSOD here and add the video of the screen problem, i fixed it by installing windows 10 v1909. 

Hopefully this information helps to fix this problems and then later on i can get the update without this problems.

BSOD details:

• KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE
  • SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
  • SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
  • IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
  • SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
  • BAD_P
  • KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE
  • KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
  • KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
  • PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
  • KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (what failed: intelppm.sys)

the video of the screen error is in the next link: 

https://streamable.com/zqeyha

So by the time, i have my windows with v1909, works perfectly without problem, i hope the information it's useful to actually solve this issue with the v2004, in case of need more information or so please just contact if in the future the problem is reviewed and some changes are made please respond to this post. 

if later i do the upgrade and works fine,  i will post it here and "solve" this post. 

Thank you for the support.

All the best for you. 

JoaquinDillen

HP Recommended

I experienced another BSOD today... 

the error was KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED 

this is it, i just don't know what is wrong, for a few days i really think it was the latest update, but i'm back on Windows V1909 and it thit happen again... 

I REALLY need help arround here... 

HP Recommended

Hi, I think i found the problem, this model originally didn't come with bluetooth so i switch the Wifi-Board 

from Realtek RTL8188EE to a broadcom BCM94352 in the manual says it's compatible, and works just fine, but i think this might be the problem that causes malfunctioning the computer...

I Just want a solution that actually works what should i do? 

HP Recommended

@JoaquinDillen 

I understand your concerns.

In that case, I would suggets you perform the system reset.

Windows 10 has a reset feature that repairs your computer by reinstalling the operating system. This feature is recommended for recovery because it reinstalls Windows 10 while either preserving your personal data and customizations or removing all your personal data.

You have a choice of two methods to reset your computer.

• If Windows 10 loads correctly, see the section titled Perform a Windows 10 system reset in Windows in this document.

• If Windows 10 does not start correctly, see the section titled Perform a Windows 10 system reset through Windows Recovery Environment in this document.

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

As upgrade to this problem, there's being too much of clean install of windows, and so on, i even go to a repair shop, the problem it seems to be in the hardware of the motherboard, more specific the graphic intel... 

i'm waiting for the oficial report of the technician, if that's the case i might consider change the motherboard.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.