Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 - 15t-ch000 CTO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Ever since I saw that Microsoft had rereleased Windows 1809 I have been eager to get the update. However, Windows Update has not automatically offered me the update, nor offered it when I "check for updates". I recently stumbled upon a thread of people who had the same problem as me (had something to do with the fact that I have a Radeon RX Vega M graphics card). HP released a BIOS update to address the issue, and many people said that this fixed the issue for them. I updated my BIOS, but yet my computer still does not offer me the update. 

I am wondering if this is because my graphics drivers are not DCH. When I check the Intel website, I see that the latest graphics drivers are version 25. However, the graphics drivers installed on my computer AND offered on the HP Driver Download page are version 23. I am fairly positive that these drivers are not DCH. However, when I look at the driver page for the HP Spectre x360 - 15-df0013dx (NVIDIA graphics instead of Radeon), their drivers are at version 24. 

If in fact, these outdated drivers are the very thing preventing me from being offered the Windows 1809 update, what should I do? Is HP going to offer these updates through their site? I would really prefer not to download the drivers directly from Intel or AMD (especially because Intel themselves say that HP has customized the drivers and that installing the drivers from Intel instead can cause technical issues). 

Otherwise, what did other HP Spectre x360 15t-ch000x users with the AMD Radeon graphics card do to get your computer to offer you the Windows 1809 update?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thank you,

NoSafeBrain2

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Not necessarily.

All of my HP desktop and notebook PC's are running v1809 just fine with ancient graphics drivers.

I have one HP notebook from 2007 with a Radeon x2300 graphics adapter and it works fine.

I guess it depends on each specific PC what the outcome will be.

But I can pretty much tell you that Microsoft has no idea what PC it is pushing the update to, as far as what hardware it has.

Only one of my 6 PC's got the 1809 update from Windows update. 

2 of them are the exact same model, and one got it, and one didn't.

It's entirely up to you as to how you want to proceed.

You can always roll back to v1803 within 30 days if something is not working right.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

If Microsoft isn't pushing the update to your PC via Windows Update, you can update to v1809 by clicking on the blue Update Now button at the link below.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

HP Recommended

If my graphics drivers are not up to date, would that not prevent the update to 1809 from working/installing correctly?

Thank you, 

NoSafeBrain2

HP Recommended

Not necessarily.

All of my HP desktop and notebook PC's are running v1809 just fine with ancient graphics drivers.

I have one HP notebook from 2007 with a Radeon x2300 graphics adapter and it works fine.

I guess it depends on each specific PC what the outcome will be.

But I can pretty much tell you that Microsoft has no idea what PC it is pushing the update to, as far as what hardware it has.

Only one of my 6 PC's got the 1809 update from Windows update. 

2 of them are the exact same model, and one got it, and one didn't.

It's entirely up to you as to how you want to proceed.

You can always roll back to v1803 within 30 days if something is not working right.

HP Recommended

Alright, I will try it out and see how it goes. Thank you for your help!

Sincerely,

NoSafeBrain2

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Hopefully, the update will go smoothly for you.

This was the best one for my PC's yet.

Everything worked and I didn't have hunt down or reinstall any drivers.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.