08-03-2016 07:37 PM
Currently, my Notebook 15-ac151dx (product #: T0D84UA) has a Realtek RTL8188EE 802.11b/g/n 1x1 wireless card. I want to upgrade it to something that supports wireless-AC, or at least supports 5GHz.
After 2 hours of searching online, I still can't find a clear answer on what would be compatible with my model. Has anyone upgraded their 15-ac151dx WiFi card? Or can someone point me to a list of compatible parts that support 5Ghz/dual-band/wireless-ac??
08-05-2016 01:30 PM
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums! The forums are a great place where you can find solutions for your issues, with help from the community!
I read your post about the issue with the WLAN Module, and wanted to assist you! I understand that you are looking for compatible replacements.
Based on the following guide, here are all the compatible replacements for the WLAN Module on your notebook:
● Realtek RTL8188EE 802.11bgn 1x1 Wi-Fi Adapter
● Realtek RT8723BE 802.11bgn 1x1 Wi-Fi + BT4.0 Combo Adapter
● Broadcom BCM43142 802.11 bgn 1x1 Wi-Fi + BT4.0 HMC Combo Adapter
● Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165 802.11 ac 1x1 WiFi + BT 4.0 Combo Adapter
Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for. Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks!
Have a great weekend!
I work on behalf of HP
Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up to say “Thanks” for helping!
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot