Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
X360 1040 G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Dear Community,

My problem seems to have been described here already in connection with another notebook model, link: 

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Poor-diagonal-pen-input-from-d...

I have not yet been able to find a solution.

I will therefore describe the problem again, especially as it occurs on my computer:

1. I use the HP X360 1040 G5, non-reflective screen with a resolution of 1920 x 1080. I use the pen recommended for this notebook: https://store.hp.com/GermanyStore/Merch/Product.aspx?id=6SG43AA&opt=&sel=ACC

2. horizontal and vertical lines are drawn exactly.

3. diagonal lines and lines deviating from the horizontal or vertical are not drawn straight. Even if I use a ruler for drawing, the lines deviate strongly from the straight ideal and are drawn crooked and humped on the screen.

As a result, my handwriting is also extremely unclear and sometimes barely decipherable. A test carried out on a Lenovo Yoga for comparison purposes leaves no doubt that the HP notebook has a problem here.

I have already implemented the solution of recalibrating the touchscreen linked in the other thread, without success.

I am urgently asking for support in this matter, as I need full functionality for school and study.

Although my Support Assistant shows me a device warranty until 2023, I am openly denied support by HP on this issue. Bad, very bad.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I had made a screenshot of how the error appears and wanted to post it here. But I couldn't, because:

This reply was marked as spam and has been removed.

Guys, what's going on here?!

HP Recommended

Ok, let's try it again. This time I took a well-known picture as background for my artwork, let's see if this will be dumped again. All blue lines at the attached picture have been drawn by using a ruler. Only the horizontal and vertical lines are straight. Does nobody has any idea, what's wrong there?

HELP!

x360 1040 g5 lines v3.jpg

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.