Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 Convertible
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi Everyone,

I thought I would first share my last post, since HP deleted it since it made them look bad. Here is my last post:

"Hi HP Support,

I am very disappointed with my $1,600 premium flagship HP laptop. Let me start with my experience from the beginning. I wanted to invest in the best, most premium laptop on the market, so after much research I purchased an HP Spectre 15" x360 Convertible. It was $1,600 for this laptop. For this price, you would expect a perfect experience.

I purchased from Best Buy and when I opened it up, it was a dud and would not turn on. I was very annoyed and had to exchange it for a new laptop (I just exchanged for the same laptop). The second one worked for a few weeks without problems, then began freezing up completely. The speakers also have always cut in and out. These are Bang and Olufsen speakers, and they have never worked. I was furious my brand new laptop was freezing and having audio issues, espeically such a premium laptop. I sent it in to get repaired, which took several weeks, and when it was returned it had the exact same problems still. It kept freezing every few hours and the speakers kept cutting out even after they replaced them. After contacting HP a second time and sending it in for another repair, it was once again returned to me still not functioning properly. I was completely infuriated.

After searching the internet for days, I finally found a suggestion that fixed the freezing after altering settings with my battery-saver. The speakers do not work properly to this day, but I accepted this because I was tired of dealing with HP. HP did nothing to fix my computer, just wasted my time and money.

Now, after having the laptop for about a year and a half (the warranty was up after a year), the laptop will not charge. When I plug it in, it says "plugged in, not charging." I have searched for solutions from HP's website and independent parties. I updated all software, bios, performed a hard battery reset, and nothing. Some internet sources suggest the motherboard may be faulty and this is why it won't charge. This is the worst laptop I have every owned. It has been problems from the start and a huge waste of money. If I cannot get this laptop fixed I will NEVER purchase from HP again and I will tell everyone I know to never purchase an HP computer. This laptop is out of warranty, but I hope HP has the right customer service to help me fix this."

After HP told me that they would offer me a 30% discount on the repair, they deleted my post because it was negative customer feedback. If anyone wants to buy an HP computer, PLEASE DO NOT. SAVE YOUR MONEY!!! This is the worst company ever. This laptop is beautiful, which is why it came with a big fancy price tag, but it is a piece of JUNK. It is the most expensive paper weight ever. 

This is a known issue with this laptop, and it surprises me HP is not willing to [edit]and take responsibility for their faulty laptops. I barely use this computer. It mostly sits on my dresser not being used. I am very gentle on it (given the $1,600 price tag). There is no reason a laptop like this should be so unreliable. I hope I save someone money after they read this post. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.