Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

X0S19UA-Change keyboard to backlit keyboard

X0S19UA or 15-bn070wm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
I am looking at buying the 15-bn070wm laptop that walmart carries with the realtree design. The laptop does not come with a backlit keyboard and I was curious if there is a way that I could purchase a ugraded backlit keyboard and install it I know some models have the backlight connector under the keyboard but they just do not come with them installed? If so what model keyboard should I purchase and would the laptop follow the HP pavilion 15 series disassembly steps?
4 REPLIES 4
Provost Provost
Provost
76,615 76,035 9,321 20,139
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

It is much better and cheaper to buy this option now because backlit keyboard alone won't work, you need a motherboard which have ports for you to connect those lights. Buy this option now may cost you say $50, replace it later may cost you ten times or more and in many cases not-workable.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
0 Kudos
Rmbrown16 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

That would be a great idea if you could purchase that laptop with the backlit keyboard but the only place that I have found that laptop is as a already built laptop at walmart. I can not find it on the hp laptop to build.
0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
76,615 76,035 9,321 20,139
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

HP has dozens of different models/products, not just one. It is up to you but my warning: backlit keyboard alone WON'T work, you also need a motherboard which has places/connectors to supply power for all those lights.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
0 Kudos
Rmbrown16 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I completely understand that and my question was does this laptop motherboard have the connector for the backlight. Maybe I worded the original post wrong and am sorry if this confused you. I understand that the company has many different models but as I also stated I am interested in the Realtree design. Thank you for being concerned that I will not be able to do this due to the motherboard model. That is why I am here to hopefully resolve this question.
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation