Level 1
9 5 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

ZBook 15 G5 BSOD with thunderbolt dock G2 230W

ZBook 15 G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My ZBook 15 G5 is absolutely stable when not connected to the thunderbolt dock G2. Windows 10 Pro build 1809 is reinstalled from HP cloud OS image 2 months ago. All drivers are updated, thunderbolt dock firmware is updated. BIOS system extensive test found no problem, HP Operating System Diagnostics found no problem.

I've two HP monitors Z27n and HP USB keyboard connected to the thunderbolt dock. I've one or two BSOD a day. Reasons of BSOD are different every time. E.g.:

svchost.exe - MEMORY_MANAGEMENT (1a)

MemCompression - FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE (12b)

HPNetworkCommu - SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3b)

Motherboard has been already replaced, thunderbolt dock has been replaced. The problem remains the same.

HP support is trying to solve the problem but no luck so far. Does anybody have similar problems or some tip how to solve it?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
bboy73
1 1 0 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm having the exact same problem.  I also switched from the Thunderbolt dock G2 to the Thunderbolt 3 and still experiencing the BSOD.  I'm running Windows 10 Enterprise Version 1709.  I know of 4 other machines like mine that are having this same problem. I've done a chassis swap thinking it was hardware related with no success and even rebuilt my machine with a fresh image. Seems to run fine when not connected to the dock. Any help with this would be appreciated.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Troi7
Level 1
9 5 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I've just updated several drivers and it seems to be better now. Drivers for my model:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-zbook-15-g5-mobile-workstation/18865644/model/18...

- sp97020 - BIOS update - current version solves some problems with BSOD and thunderbolt docking

- sp95855 - Docking G2 - firmware was up to date, I've forced reinstallation

- sp94762 - HP ZBook 15 G5 Thunderbolt 3 Firmware Update

- sp91938 - Realtek USB audio on G2

- sp94579 - Intel Video - reinstallation

- sp95584 - NVidia Video -  reinstallation

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation