Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
ZBook 15 G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My ZBook 15 G5 is absolutely stable when not connected to the thunderbolt dock G2. Windows 10 Pro build 1809 is reinstalled from HP cloud OS image 2 months ago. All drivers are updated, thunderbolt dock firmware is updated. BIOS system extensive test found no problem, HP Operating System Diagnostics found no problem.

I've two HP monitors Z27n and HP USB keyboard connected to the thunderbolt dock. I've one or two BSOD a day. Reasons of BSOD are different every time. E.g.:

svchost.exe - MEMORY_MANAGEMENT (1a)

MemCompression - FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE (12b)

HPNetworkCommu - SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3b)

Motherboard has been already replaced, thunderbolt dock has been replaced. The problem remains the same.

HP support is trying to solve the problem but no luck so far. Does anybody have similar problems or some tip how to solve it?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

I'm having the exact same problem.  I also switched from the Thunderbolt dock G2 to the Thunderbolt 3 and still experiencing the BSOD.  I'm running Windows 10 Enterprise Version 1709.  I know of 4 other machines like mine that are having this same problem. I've done a chassis swap thinking it was hardware related with no success and even rebuilt my machine with a fresh image. Seems to run fine when not connected to the dock. Any help with this would be appreciated.

Thanks,

HP Recommended

I've just updated several drivers and it seems to be better now. Drivers for my model:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-zbook-15-g5-mobile-workstation/18865644/model/18...

- sp97020 - BIOS update - current version solves some problems with BSOD and thunderbolt docking

- sp95855 - Docking G2 - firmware was up to date, I've forced reinstallation

- sp94762 - HP ZBook 15 G5 Thunderbolt 3 Firmware Update

- sp91938 - Realtek USB audio on G2

- sp94579 - Intel Video - reinstallation

- sp95584 - NVidia Video -  reinstallation

HP Recommended

HP ZBook G5 is still unstable when connected to docking station. I've bought ZBook G4 2 years ago. It was unstable so HP replaced it with another ZBook G4. It didn't help. Finally HP replaced G4 with G5. It's unstable too. Motherboard has been replaced in every notebook, SSD have been replaced, Windows has been reinstalled at least 7 times (always requested by HP support). HP support is horribly incompetent. I've care pack with next business day support on-site. HP doesn't want to return money, they want to send ZBook to their lab for one week! It's unsolvable situation for me.

Software I use is Office 365, Edge, VirtualBox, Far Manager and Pot Player.

I've had HP computers for 20 years and this is the worst computer I've ever had. I'm going to try Dell Precision 7540. No more HP, it's a nightmare. Lost time, lost money… it's just unstable piece of crap.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.