Siouxx Tutor
Tutor
11 9 0 1
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Zbook 15 Docking/external screens issue

Hi all,

We just bought 5x Zbook 15 laptops as replacement for our Dell line, they have the latest drivers and bios from the HP site.

We have/had 2 issue when the laptop is sitting in the dock ( 230w dock )

The first one :

When the laptop (W7/8/8.1 or Ubuntu) is started in the dock so with the screen closed the external screens work perfect from starting the laptop till shutting down. The only that does not work is the laptop screen when opening or when getting the laptop off the dock, only thing that worked was restarting with the laptop screen opened.

Solution HP helpdesk : Turn off the Hybrid Graphics Enhanced Display Feature in the bios.

So I thought ok solved.... NOT

Second issue :

Now when booting in dock with laptop screen closed the external screens only turn on if Windows/Ubuntu is started, this will be ok for a lot of consumers but not for companies as they are using bios passwords when now is not visable so they need to guess when typing the password.

Case : 4734559318 / 4733480978

HP enigeer came onsite and came to the same conclusion I already made... It's a bios --> hardware controlling issue.

Hopefully will this supposedly bios issue (control bios -> hardware) be resolved otherwise we will probably go back to Dell!

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
PhD Student PhD Student
PhD Student
848 848 45 88
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If you have the latest BIOS and BOTH Intel and NVIDIA graphics drivers installed, please, call HP support back and ask for an escalation. Intel graphics is used most of the time (unless applications use OpenGL or other 3D graphics) and there may be an issue with resume from suspend with that driver
I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
0 Kudos
Murtaza_Hazara Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 1
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

I have bought a HP Zbook 15 laptop and installed Ubuntu 12.04. It does not show anything on the external monitor when I mount the laptop on the docking station. 

After installing the Ubuntu 12.04 and putting it on the docking station for the first time, I got this problem:

"If an ACPI driver is available for this device, you should use it instead of the native driver". I hav attached the whole log file. Then, I installed the latest Nvidia driver, and restarted the machine. This time, I do not see that error message; however, I cannot see anything on my external monitor which is connected to the docking station. Can you please tell me how to fix this problem?

Best regards,

Murtaza

0 Kudos
PhD Student PhD Student
PhD Student
848 848 45 88
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It will be hard to figure out your problem with a 2 year old version of the OS. I would try the latest release first and if you still have a problem, please post and we will try to help

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
0 Kudos
nwah1 Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The hotfix here helped me with my display issue. I am using a Displayport to DVI converter.

http://h20566.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?sp4ts.oid=11122586&docLocale=en_US&docId=emr_na-c0...

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation