Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Presario CQ60-210us
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Can I use a Turion

Zm87 in my CQ60-210us

Or is ZM 82 the max I can use.

If I can't use the 87 why is that?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@swb32cox wrote:

Can I use a Turion

Zm87 in my CQ60-210us

Or is ZM 82 the max I can use.

If I can't use the 87 why is that?

No.

It is indeed socket S1, but the only processor for the system board is: the AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core QL-62 processor

498470-001AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core QL-62 processor - 2.0GHz (Puma, 3600MHz front side bus, 1MB total Level-2 cache, 65nm SOI, 25W TDP, Socket S1)   COMPLY_2.03

-N/A-
 506052-001AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core QL-62 processor - 2.0GHz (Puma, 3600MHz front side bus, 1MB total Level-2 cache, 65nm SOI, 25W TDP, Socket S1)

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Thank you.

I have installed a Turion ZM82 which seems to be working fine.

I replaced the Athlon with it.

In my manual it says an 82 would work, but I was wondering if the 87 would.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.