cappie
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

account password not working

hp pavillion series 9 notebook

product   qe304ua#aba  model g7----1219wm

This computer started not allowing me to sign in.  there were posts on the internet saying this could be fixed in safe mode.  I couldn't figure out how to get to safe mode so I searched the internet and tomshardware said to go into msconfig.  The next time I tried to login we did get into the computer but as this problem kept happening I thought I would try to do the fix anyways.  so I went into msconfig... boot member and clicked on only load basic devices and services only.  Now when we try to login it will not accept the password and gives me no other options to change anything.  I go to gmail and it doesn't know my account, and I go to microsoft recover account and they won't recover it. I never used this email for anything except logging onto the computer. I do not remember what I put into the account when setting it up... maybe i put in my wrong birthdate or something... they won't recover it for whatever reason.    Is there anything else I can do other than re load windows which is my current plan, after I  copy my harddrive.   My operating system is windows 10.    I do not know if its 32 bit or 64 bit.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
7,692 7,685 423 587
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@cappie,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that are unable to login to your account on your HP Pavilion g7-1219wm Notebook PC.

This issue could occur if the password entered is wrong.

Let's go through a few steps to troubleshoot this issue.

And here's the step by step guide for you to reset the password in the links below depending on the operating system installed:

1. How to Change or Reset Password (Windows 10)

2. How to Change or Reset Password (Windows 7)

Also, let us know the operating system installed on the computer from the links below: 

1. Click Here If Windows Operating System is installed

2. Click Here If Mac Operating System is installed

Let me know how this works.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know and also show your appreciation by clicking the Accept as Solution button, Thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Confused1981
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

so my laptop was pluged in and the power went out.  Now it wont let me log in using the correct password, or the wrong password....or anything!!! GRRRRR.

Windows 7 on hp laptop, very old

0 Kudos
823 813 40 90
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

According to the Community's Rules of Participation:

4d. No posts shall include instructions or directions intended to bypass or subvert security measures, including passwords, locking mechanisms, fingerprint scans, etc., or to bypass any safety measures.

Therefore, this topic is being locked. If you would like help resetting the password on your product, please Contact HP support in your region. 

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation