Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 Convertible 13-ap0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi everybody,

I need some tip regarding an issue with my 6 month old HP Spectre x360 Convertible 13-ap0xxx. After the BIOS update the 

battery duration is very limited  (like 6 hours). I have already done the HP Battery check and it reported that everything is ok. 

Do you have any experience on this? 

There is some procedure that I can do without losing any data that can help on restoring my battery duration time?

Waiting for somebody answer I thank everybody.

Ago

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@Ago87

May I know how long the battery use to last before the BIOS update? 6hrs is pretty normal depending on the usage

If you the issue started right after the BIOS update, you could try a BIOS Recovery to get back to the earlier BIOS version

Please follow the instructions in this Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c02693833

Thank you and have a great day 

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply.

Before the bios update it was like 14 hours, the usage is net surfing or document writing. The brightness is always at minimum. After the update I 've seen the battery consumption more enhanced. I've tried to restore the BIOS and I've seen that I cannot return back to the previous version of the BIOS. It  is a reinstallation of the same BIOS not a complete downgrade of the BIOS. the BIOS version I'm Currently using is the F33. The previous version was the F22. Do you think that I've to try to install a new version of the BIOS? I mean it is possible that in the next version of the BIOS this problem has been solved? 

Currently I 've the version  BIOS AMI F.33 17/09/2019. What do you think?

Thanks for the Answer and excuse me If I have answered with a little delay.

Best Regards.

Ago.

HP Recommended

@Ago87

The New version of BIOS may or may not resolve the issue. However, we are not posted on when the next update will be released.

Run a battery test.

Refer to the below document and follow "Test the battery before Windows starts"

Click here: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04700771

Keep me posted with the test results.

Have a great day!

Cheers 🙂

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply.

The test result passed and the battery works properly, however the problem is always there. I wanna ask you, is it possible that in reinstalling the battery driver the problem will be solved? Is the procedure dangerous to lose information on the computer? 

What do you think about that? Thanks.

Ago.

HP Recommended

@Ago87

Since the Battery Test passed, it means there is no issue with the battery and it is functioning as designed

Reinstalling the battery drivers wont affect the data on your Notebook

Step 01. Click on the Start Button
Step 02. Type "Device Manager" in the start search box & open the Device Manager
Step 03. Look for Batteries and expand it by click on the + symbol on the left
Step 04. Right Click on "Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery" & uninstall
Note: This Battery driver will get re-installed automatically when you restart the Notebook again
Step 05. Please Shutdown the Notebook
Step 06. Please remove the Battery and unplug the Power Adapter (For Notebooks with removable Battery)
Step 07. Press and Hold the Power Button for full 1 Minute
Step 08. Go ahead and put back the Battery and connect the Power Adapter

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi!, @Ago87 :

1) Check the battery with HP Support Assistant as HP Verification Battery.

2) Download and monitoring battery, from … passmark battery monitor

a) Connect the AC-Power battery.

b) Open the software and press "Start" button.

You can see … 

Battery Monitor.PNG

3) https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01297640

4) Use with the minimal bright.

5) https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04700771

6) Create a battery power plan.

Thank you for visiting the HP Public Forum.
Have a nice day !.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.