Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 Laptop - 15m-ee0013dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The product info mentions that the keyboard has a backlight but it does not say that it will time out after 40 seconds- this makes this feature  annoying and useless - would not have bought this notepad had I known that. The bios does not have a setting for this either.. Will there be a fix for this issue soon?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

many people’s computers cannot always keep the backlight on, which is annoying.

HP Recommended

HP says that the reason that the back light on the keyboard times out after 40 seconds is to save batteries, which makes sense but why have this feature when I run on power?  and/or why can’t I have the option to turn it on or off at night?…  I touch type so I need the light most when I take my hands off the keyboard for a minute or so to relocate my fingers. I keep hoping for a patch from HP….

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.