10-16-2016 09:43 AM - last edited on 10-16-2016 12:07 PM by Omar-E
HP ENVY x360 - 15-u437cl
serial number: [personal information removed]
windows 10 x64
When I click f5 nothing happens . The rest of the function keys are working properly.
Factory reset Does not help
what is the problem?
10-18-2016 02:21 PM
Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,
Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out :)
As I understand the backlit keyboard doesn't work,
I'll be happy to help, however, I need a few more details to provide an accurate solution:
When was the last time it worked? (as certain models don't have a backlit: Click here for info)
Have you installed any updates or made any hardware changes?
Please reply for further assistance.
I hope you have a good day ahead,
And Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.
I am an HP Employee
10-25-2016 05:53 PM
I thank you for the reply.
I recommend you the following step and check if that helps.
- Press and hold the “fn” key and then press “F5” key and check if that turns on the back light.
Let me know for more.
I work on behalf of HP
If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the “Accept as Solution” button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the “Thumbs up" button!
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot