05-20-2014 03:11 AM
My hp 630 laptop battery has conked off. It has not been charging for the last 3 months. However, laptop was working if the battery was plugged in.
However, since the last 1 week the moment i unplug the cord, the laptop shuts down.
My local engineer has suggested to replace battery and has suggested a local compatible battery worth Rs. 2000.00 with 1 year warranty.
He has informed us that hp battery is also available for Rs. 4000.00 with 1 year warranty.
Kindly confirm if the hp battery cost is correct and if the other compatible cheaper battery can be used or not(without deteriorating my laptop).
Kindly guide what should be done.
05-20-2014 11:26 AM
Those prices seem correct. Whether to use a "compatible" non-official HP battery is a matter of preference. On older laptops it generally makes sense out of cost concern. There is no worry that hardware will be damaged by the non-official battery. You may get annoying pop up messages.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot