Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
JohnN45 Top Student
Top Student
9 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

battery leakage on HP ENVY dv6 notebook

I appear to be having my battery leak from my HP ENVY dv6 notebook, causing small holes in my shirts.  I use the notebook resting on my lap and against my stomach.  I have approximately 6 shirts that now have holes in them.  Has anyone heard or experienced this problem?

6 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
43868 3257 13564
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Seems like a battery leak would cause holes in pants-isn't the battery at the back edge of laptop? On all of mine it is anyway.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the Thumbs-Up button as a way to say Thanks!***

JohnN45 Top Student
Top Student
9 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for your comment.  I have the notebook resting just above my belt, with the edge of the battery compartment against my stomach.  If I didn't have multiple shirts with holes in the same place, I would not think the battery may be the problem.

0 Kudos
Provost
Provost
21074 1536 3369
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Just on the off chance, when you removed the battery and fully inspected it and the inside of the computer compartment did you find anything??

0 Kudos
JohnN45 Top Student
Top Student
9 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Bo noticeable damage, in fact I replaced the battery.  However the problem appears to be resulting from the leading edge of the laptop, rather than the back / battery compartment.

0 Kudos
JohnN45 Top Student
Top Student
9 0 0
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Agree, battery in the back; however prolem appears to be caused by the front leading rdge.

0 Kudos
JohnN45 Top Student
Top Student
9 0 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The battery did not show any indications of leaking or swelling.  However,; since then examining the PC carefully, it appears as if the damage to my clothing is occurring at the left front edge just behind the touch pad.  Had a tech look at it, no joy.

I now use a heavy duty place mat and a cooling mat under my  laptop.  Not a solution but I am not damaging any more shirts.

Would appreciate any additional information.  Thanks

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation