cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
4 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

battery recall

HP Recommended

Please tell me if my 2015 HP Stream notebook is subject to battery recall.  I get error message saying I don't have enough capacity for auto-diagnosis.  The "manual" diagnosis system is either not working or incredibly slow.  I'm afraid to take the bottom off to look for battery and serial ID # unless someone tells me I must.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 4
61 60 6 14
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I used this HP utility to check the battery on my Envy x360 convertable https://h30686.www3.hp.com/?lang=en-US#tab=id2

Luckily my battery is not affected by the recall.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10
1,589 1,579 133 309
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If this store poster displays all  of the affected batteries, it appears to be only the removable types affected, not the built-in batteries of the Stream notebooks which appear much thinner and wider.  Hopefully HP will publish a list of affected notebook models which will rule out the Streams.  There is a phone number on the poster to call also.

I currently have Linux installed on my Stream 11 so I cannot run the Windows utility to check it and I also would not want to disassemble it unnecessarily.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation