Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Victus by HP Gaming Laptop 15-fa0000 (680A2AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

can anyone help me. I think my battery is defective i bought this laptop 4 months ago and the battery capacity is at 22% already. Also, it automatically shuts down when i boot this laptop on while knowing that it has  full battery. and when i try to turn it back on the battery is already drained to 0%

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Niiiiiiko,

Welcome to HP Support Community. 
Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I see that you are facing battery issues with your Victus By HP Gaming Laptop 15-Fa0000 (680A2AV).

I suggest that you follow the steps listed below to test the battery:

1. Turn on the computer.
  2. Search for and open HP PC Hardware Diagnostics Windows.
  3. If the app is not installed on your computer or if you have not updated it recently, download the latest version. See What if my computer does not have the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics for Windows? for more information.
  4. In the list of Component Tests, click Power.
  5. Select Battery Check, and then click Run once.
  6. Wait while the test is in progress. The Battery Test takes about two minutes.
  7. Click Finish on the Component Tests page.
  8. Select Test Logs to see the results of the battery test.

You may also check this document for Testing and Calibrating the Battery (Windows).

I hope this helps and have a nice day ahead.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.