Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavillion dv6-6026tx
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

The battery on my dv6-6026tx laptop stopped charging, however windows still says "plugged in, charging" just the percentage stays at what ever it was when it was plugged in (currently 15%, for the last 2 hours).

If i unplug the charger the battery will discharge normally.

If i take the battery out while the computer is running, the laptop will stay on and run on the charger as it's supposed to.

I have tried charging the laptop both while on and off, and have tried booting it up while plugged in and while unplugged.

Help?

battery.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Run the HP Battery health test in the HP Support Assistant. It will read the data in the battery like the number of cycles...like odometer on a car and also the health of each cell. The most likely thing is that the battery needs replacement. They do not last forever. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Run the HP Battery health test in the HP Support Assistant. It will read the data in the battery like the number of cycles...like odometer on a car and also the health of each cell. The most likely thing is that the battery needs replacement. They do not last forever. 

HP Recommended

ok, so the battery check says the battery is ok, it also says the cycle count is at 0/300.

what does seem believable is that the battery is running at 50% capacity, and that cell 4 is dead.

looks like i need a new battery...

batterytest.png

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.