Level 1
4 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

battery

HP Recommended
Pavillion g7
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Battery does not charge when connected to power source, always shows 0%, computer only runs when plugged in to outlet

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 12
Level 12
993 993 106 244
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello, you can try to make an hardware reset. For this you need to unplug your AC adapter, and your PC's battery if removable, and press during 30 seconds Power button with any power. 
After replug PC's battery and AC adapter and tell me color of the LED alongside AC connector (on your PC).

If not charging (not orange LED), please use HP Support Assistant to diagnostic your battery, and paste me detailed results. 
If you need to install HP Support Assistant: https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp95001-95500/sp95226.exe

If I have been answer to your question please accept it as a solution 🙂
I am Expert from French Community, and I am doing my best to help you with your question.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
4 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Ran battery diagnostics, only message returned was "unknown", flashing white light next to ac adaptor, battery icon on bottom of screen shows 0% available, plugged in, not charging, thx for your reply

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12
Level 12
993 993 106 244
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It is difficult to know, but maybe your battery is dead and need to be replace.. 

If you want to replace your battery, please extract it and tell me his "HP Replace" or "HP Spare" reference. 

If I have been answer to your question please accept it as a solution 🙂
I am Expert from French Community, and I am doing my best to help you with your question.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation