Did you mean: 
techy007
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

beep chirp sound from laptop

HP Recommended

HP Pavilion 15 Notebook PC K6D11EA#ABU

I'm getting an intermittant beeping chirping sound similar to the youtube video below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lT_CMYx_UzQ 

Have run the HP hardware tests and find no problem however this beeping chirping sound is still happening intermittently. Need help to identify what component is actually causing this sound as concerened it could indicate a premature failure of an item.

6 REPLIES 6
Resolv_S
Retired
Retired
3,304 3,302 179 339
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello@techy007,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!  It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel.

I understand that you need assistance in fixing the weird noise from the PC. Did I get it, right?

As you have already performed the diagnostics and found no issues with any internal components, nothing to worry about.

It sounds like a hard drive spinning.  If you still need any assistance, I recommend you to phone support using the link below for further diagnosis.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp

Hope this answers the question. Please let me know more.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
techy007
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I can't get a phone number from that link. The laptop itself is out of warranty, however the HDD is showing in warranty with Seagate, until Nov 2017, but they say I have to go to laptop manufacturer for assistance.

The noise isn't happening all the time, so can't understand why it would be the spinning, if it was that I would hear it all the time or everytime it started spinning up, which it's not.

How can I get assistance on this?
0 Kudos
Resolv_S
Retired
Retired
3,304 3,302 179 339
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi@techy007,

Thanks for the response.

I request you to check if any of the keys have been stuck, as it may also cause these beep sounds on any PC.

Hope the information shared will help you. Please share for more.

Resolv_S

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
techy007
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Not a key stuck. It does it when laptop just idle and not being touchef
0 Kudos
Resolv_S
Retired
Retired
3,304 3,302 179 339
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi@techy007,

Thanks for the response.

I request you to use the link below to check your private message son this forum.

The phone number is shared in a private message.

http://hp.care/2dwUTrg

Hope the information shared will help you. Please share for more.

Resolv_S

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

0 Kudos
Smig73
1 1 0 1
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I also have this problem. My Pavillion Notebook is nearly 2 years old now and this noise which can only be described as a single "Chirp" occurs intermitently (5, 10, 15 minutes apart, I haven't logged the times, I have a life) while the laptop is idle.

We've largely just ignored it and It hasn't been an issue until we recently tried to set up the webcam with ispyconnect in order to catch a thief in the act. The chirp is quite simply drawing attention to what should be an otherwise idle machine.

I've read a lot of similar posts here all with much the same response... diagnostics, updates, hdd, stuck keys, fan etc. Come on HP this appears to be a common occurance so surely you of all people have the resources to locate a definitive cause and remedy. If you're short a notebook to examine you can borrow mine.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation