05-03-2017 11:47 AM
I received my laptop today and ever since I first switched it on the fan has been running. I checked the bios setting and fan constantly on is disabled, I downloaded the latest bios update and also the latest Intel thermal management drivers and applied them both in that order but neither stopped the fan. The system itself is running very cool, but as I said it has been running since I received it.
I have googled and seen other reports of similar issues that all seem to involve returning the system for a replacement, but I'm thinking that can't be the only solution, can it?
05-03-2017 12:06 PM
Try ctrl alt delete to open task manager look for running processes and check HP Support Solutions Framework and see if it is hogging up CPU cycles. If so, stop it and your CPU load should drop to single digits and the fan should kick off. When the Support Assistant goes out and tries to get updates it can lock that Solutions Framework on and eat up 40% of the CPU causing the fan to come on.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot