Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 2 (72 Views)

bl001na Spectre x360 Kaby Lake arived today, fan has been on cnstantly

Product Name: HP Spectre x360 15-bl001na
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I received my laptop today and ever since I first switched it on the fan has been running. I checked the bios setting and fan constantly on is disabled, I downloaded the latest bios update and also the latest Intel thermal management drivers and applied them both in that order but neither stopped the fan. The system itself is running very cool, but as I said it has been running since I received it.

I have googled and seen other reports of similar issues that all seem to involve returning the system for a replacement, but I'm thinking that can't be the only solution, can it? 

Thanks,

Nadia

0 Kudos
Provost
Message 2 of 2 (61 Views)

Re: bl001na Spectre x360 Kaby Lake arived today, fan has been on cnstantly

Try ctrl alt delete to open task manager look for running processes and check HP Support Solutions Framework and see if it is hogging up CPU cycles. If so, stop it and your CPU load should drop to single digits and the fan should kick off. When the Support Assistant goes out and tries to get updates it can lock that Solutions Framework on and eat up 40% of the CPU causing the fan to come on. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation