02-06-2012 04:48 PM
compaq presario CQ61 product no WD429EA I bought this laptop 18 months ago. I don't think it should have broken after 18 months of light domestic use by one person. But trying to find out from HP about repairs is like pulling teeth. all they say is it's over 12 months tough. But a laptop should last more than 18 months.
I believe it could be an inverter?
Does anyone else think HP should contribute to the repairs?
02-06-2012 05:10 PM
Yes it is either the inverter (95%) or the screen backlight (5%). Inverters cost under $20 and are very easy to replace. Screens have come way down to maybe $120 or less and are only a little harder to replace. Yes, maybe HP "should" contribute but they are under no legal duty to do so, and they will not, so start figuring out how you are going to fix it yourself.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot