Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
hp16-ac-106na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi my son has a Hp notebook N7J41EA#ABU which he had for his birthday in march 2016 so its still under guarantee ,which we purchased this at argos ,now when he trys to turn it on all we get is a black screen with nothing on it we have the sound of the fan come on which we can hear please can you tell us what it can be please ,we have had it on nearly all day but still nothing comes up ,many thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@NESSNESS1,

I'm glad it worked out for you, keep me posted if you need any other assistance!

Also, to make this solution helpful to others, please click on "Accepted as Solution".

Have a good day!
Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@NESSNESS1

The Riddle_Decipher is at your service! 🙂

I understand the notebook is powering on but doesn't have a display as all you get is a black screen, I have a few steps in the below link that should resolve the issue:

Click here

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but this is your computer specifications, isn't it?

Let me know, how it goes!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi i have tryed the first bit of the video but i have a message that has come up saying smart hard disk error .

HP Recommended

@NESSNESS1

Thank you for replying!

The Smart Hard Disk Error - could be a possible Hard drive failure, although to be on a safer side, I would recommend you follow the steps on this Link.

Keep me posted!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi its being picked up by one of your guys tomorrow thankyou anyway for your help ,i rang hp this morning and spoke to one of your collegues 

HP Recommended

@NESSNESS1,

I'm glad it worked out for you, keep me posted if you need any other assistance!

Also, to make this solution helpful to others, please click on "Accepted as Solution".

Have a good day!
Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.