Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Laptop 14-df0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I try to install 8GB Ram upgrade from 2 different companies

DDR4 2400   GSkill Ripjaw  and Patriot Viper Steel

New out of package

Didn't work, the cap lock start blinking 3  3   3 and on

I try reset the Ram nothing work not even Bios.

However if I use the original 4gb work perfect.

the *GB ram is Good.

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi
Make, Model and OS please.
SKU: if possible by this method
WinKey + R and type
msinfo32
Read Line 9
System SKU: N6K07EA#ABU

Please do not post Serial Numbers.

HP Recommended

SSKU#   5DD32UAR#ABA

the unit is New

new ram too, not used

I just want to know How to correct that problem or if I just live it with 4gb.

according with the manual and the CPU specs  max ram is 8gb

I never have problems  with Ram installation

this surprised me and looking around lots of people have the same

Cap Lock 3-3 blink no screen bios ram problem

I also run the Hardware troubleshoot test and show  no problems with 4gb and all updates of HP, apps and Win 10  are installed  including Bios

HP Recommended

Hi

Product Number : 5DD32UAR

Description : HP NOTEBOOK - 14-DF0013CL

https://support.hp.com/gb-en/product/hp-14-df0000-laptop-pc/23201152/model/24094102/manuals

http://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?searchText=5DD32UAR

Memory (DIMM)  -  862397-859    -   GNRC-SODIMM 4GB 2400MHz 1.2v D

Memory module
Description Spare part number
SODIMM, 4 GB, 2400 MHz, 1.2 v, DDR4 862397-859
SODIMM, 8 GB, 2400 MHz, 1.2 v, DDR4 862398-855

https://www.amazon.co.uk/HP-862398-855-GNRC-SODIMM-2400MHZ-1-2V/dp/B072QRDW31

and that is the best I can offer.

PLEASE DOUBLE CHECK EVERYTHING I POSTED BEFORE BUYING ANYTHING.

HP Recommended

EEEEExcept I may be wrong.

HP Recommended

Hi

5DD32UAR

The R at the end of of an SKU: means to me that it is a ReFurb and not new.

HP Recommended

Mixing memory modules with different timings and different manufacturers could easily be and most likely are the reason you had that issue.

That is also the reason that it is best to purchase memory modules that are guaranteed compatible as upgrade candidates/

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Isn't a mix of memory because the unit only have 1 memory slot not 2

and the memory that bought is new, I try 3 different Reputable companies including Samsung specified by HP as the factory upgrade none worked, not even after hard reset.

The memories are now installed in other laptops and they are fine.

no memory failure in 2 Dell and 1 Lenovo, that indicate that the problem lies in the unit or the Bios.

I now that the unit is a Refurbish, however is new made march of this year, no reason to resell a defective product.

the unit only have around only 90 days from resell, I will recommend to be send back to HP

thanks for your time. 

HP Recommended

The 3 memory sticks are now installed in other laptops, including a Samsung recommended for the unit by HP

No memory failure in 2 Dell and 1 Lenovo, that indicate that the problem lies in the unit or the Bios.

I do now is a Refurbished unit, that doesn't explain the problem because Refurbished are supposed to be fixed or recycled by someone that used and returned because didn't like it.

However Thanks for your time!

HP Recommended

I highly recommend that the next time that you upgrade and want the upgrade of memory to go without a hitch, only use guaranteed compatible memory.

The method I have just suggested takes the financial risk and waste of your time out of the equation.

If you don't mind the bobbles like you experienced, then keep on using the specs and purchasing memory to do your upgrades.

If you had used the Crucial memory website to find out what they guarantee is compatible, you would have 8 GB of installed memory.  See the link below this line.

https://www.crucial.com/usa/en/compatible-upgrade-for/HP-Compaq/hp-14-df0013cl

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.