5 4 0 0
Message 1 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

blurred pictures

HP G62-121EE Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

The built in webcam on my laptop has blurred images. There seems to be no mention of any way this can be adjusted or what might be wrong. The image is blurred whether it is a photo or a video or being used for skype calls. It just will not focus. Is there anything I can do?

9 REPLIES 9
Regents Professor Regents Professor
Regents Professor
4322 4287 441 1087
Message 2 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

blurred pictures

Dear Customer,

Welcome and Thank you for posting your query on HP Support Forum

It looks like you are having issues with the Display of your Notebook. We will surely assist you with this issue

1. Please check if the Display/Screen of your Notebook shows blur display even in BIOS or not

Note: Power ON the Notebook and keep tapping the F10 Key to access the BIOS

2. Please tilt the Screen/Display of the Notebook slowly towards back and the front side, check and verify

if the blurred display is seen at all the angles of the display

3. Please connect an external desktop monitor to your Notebook and check if the blurred display is shown even on the external monitor

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on left to say Thanks**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

K N R K

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP

I am an HP Employee
0 Kudos
davidjeens Top Student
Top Student
5 4 0 0
Message 3 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

blurred pictures

Hi

Its not the regular display that I have a problem with,  its just the webcam.

regards

David

0 Kudos
davidjeens Top Student
Top Student
5 4 0 0
Message 4 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

blurred pictures

hi knrk

do you have any other thoughts?

0 Kudos
Associate Dean
Associate Dean
11219 11181 436 813
Message 5 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

blurred pictures

@davidjeens wrote:

Hi

Its not the regular display that I have a problem with,  its just the webcam.

regards

David

Sounds like a bad webcam...how long have you own this computer?

-------- Looking for HP driver support When Windows 10 O/S isn't Supported ------
Windows 10 drivers may be available through Windows Update

Click 'Learn More' below for steps on using Windows Update to determine what drivers might be available for your product. Please be aware that HP does not guarantee Windows 10 drivers will be available from Windows Update.
Learn more
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This is a HP USER community forum.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
BTW, Millions of folks have gone back from Win10 to their prior O/S -- something you don't hear about from MS. by WAWood but ALL to TRUE
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Those that want HD Gaming should plan to invest in a Gaming Laptop to handle those requirements. Eamples GTA V or Crysis 3.
0 Kudos
davidjeens Top Student
Top Student
5 4 0 0
Message 6 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

blurred pictures

Hi I've had the laptop about 4 years

0 Kudos
Associate Dean
Associate Dean
11219 11181 436 813
Message 7 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

blurred pictures

@davidjeens wrote:

Hi I've had the laptop about 4 years

Then it probably has reach it lifespan...and need to be replaced...

-------- Looking for HP driver support When Windows 10 O/S isn't Supported ------

Click 'Learn More' below for steps on using Windows Update to determine what drivers might be available for your product. Please be aware that HP does not guarantee Windows 10 drivers will be available from Windows Update.
Learn more
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This is a HP USER community forum.
BTW, Millions of folks have gone back from Win10 to their prior O/S -- something you don't hear about from MS. by WAWood but ALL to TRUE
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Those that want HD Gaming should plan to invest in a Gaming Laptop to handle those requirements. Eamples GTA V or Crysis 3.
0 Kudos
davidjeens Top Student
Top Student
5 4 0 0
Message 8 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

blurred pictures

ok thanks. I was afraid of that

0 Kudos
Associate Dean
Associate Dean
11219 11181 436 813
Message 9 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

blurred pictures

@davidjeens wrote:

ok thanks. I was afraid of that

I replaced a dv6 laptop with a bad webcam and it still works and isn't that expensive to do just make sure to look at online videos that shows you how to replace yours on your matching laptop model before doing it.

Learn more
M-L_F Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 10 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

blurred pictures

I was having trouble getting clear pictures.  They were also outlined in black.  HP advised me to send in old cartridge and photo. They sent me a new black cartridg.  I sent in both cartridges as the new cartridge did not solve the problem.  Have not heard anything from HP about solving this problem.  I keep photo albums for each of our 12 grandchildren and would like to be able to print clear photos again.  What else will HP do to help solve this problem?

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation