Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
hp elitebook 2560p
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Just upgraded my hp elitebook 2560 P laptop from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro and hotkeys are not working. Only volume hotkeys are working and brightness hotkeys are not working.

I tried updating driver, ubdating latest BIOS but all in vain.

Any one have solution I will be very thankful to him/her. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

If the graphics driver is installed, the only suggestion I can offer would be to see if this W10 hotkey driver works on your model...

This package provides support for special function keys on supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system.

5.0.28.1    Jul 9, 2015

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71501-72000/sp71790.exe

HP Recommended

i can say your suggestion lead to my solution. Actually I tries your said driver and on installing it it need to to install .NET framework 3.5 which got installed through windows updater automatically then I tried my laptop hotkeys driver installation again and it did .

So, the crux of problem is that my driver needs .NET framework 3.5 but my laptop has latest .NET framework 4.8.

Now all keys working fine.

But I fail to understand why the latest one is not supported.

By the way thanks for your light through tunnel. 

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

You have to add MS Net Framwork 3.5 to W10 as follows...

Go to the Windows control panel>Programs>Turn Windows features on or off> let the list populate, the first item on the list should be Net Framework 3.5.

Check the box to add it.

Restart the PC after W10 installs Net framwork 3.5, and you should be able to install the W10 hotkey driver.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.