Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP laptop 15-bs
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a left hinge on my HP laptop that has broken two times now. The first time it was within one  month of warranty expiration. They fixed for free and now , one year later, it is broken again. I contacted HP and  they said repair would be $320.20 but they would help me out by offering me a 25% discount. Getting it repaired would be $260 and I would probably pay the shipping.  The PR person said in so many words "things wear out in time". I didn't know laptops needed to be replaced every two years. HP has an issue here? Why can't they do the right thing and issue a recall on these products? Is there a government agency to complain to ? Any help would be appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I have an HP 15-bs laptop and the left hinge has broken for the second time in 2 1/2 years. The first time at the end of the 12 month warranty and they fixed that for free, but didn't want to . I had to produce the receipt to show that it was within the warranty period even though their records showed it wasn't. Now, 16 months later it broke in the exact same place. I have now been contacted twice by hp , first offering 25% off a $325 fix. Then they offered 30% off a $325 fix. I need a free fix for a hinge problem that hp know it has. I had an hp laptop for five years before this one  and never a problem. I guess customer loyalty means nothing. I can't close the laptop now and so if anybody can help, I would appreciate it

winkmr

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.