Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 2 (92 Views)

built in keyboard, on screen keyboard and external keyboard wont work.

Product Name: hp envy 17"
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
hello admin, i nid ur help. after the liquid spillage on my laptop my built in keyboard stop working except the shift, function keys and enter are still working..i tried the on screen keyboard but still the same as the built in keyboard and then i tried my external keyboard but nothing happens..so my last option was to reformat my laptop but i cant sign in on my accnt because my key letter on my laptop doesnt work.. plss help..
0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 2 (63 Views)

Re: built in keyboard, on screen keyboard and external keyboard wont work.

Hi @adrianmehhh

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query in this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that the mouse is not working on the computer.

I’d love to help!

As you have mentioned that, you had spilled liquid on the keyboard it is possible that the keyboard is gone bad and it might have also damaged some internal parts of the computer.

You have already tried an external keyboard and having the same issue with it as well. I recommend you to contact phone support to get the computer serviced.

Follow the below steps to contact phone support.

Step 1. Open link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get phone number

Hope that answers your question and you have a great day!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation