Intern
33 0 1
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

can I add ram to my notebook

W0Z50AV
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My new notebook have 4 GB of ram. HP Support Asstant show the ram: 4GB  SK Hynix 2133MHz

Who do I call to get more ram and can I add the ram to my notebook myself?

3 REPLIES
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
3304 178 336
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi@Emery25,

Thanks for stopping by HP Support Forums.

I came across your post and would like to help.

Need assistance in finding more information on upgrading the memory on your PC. Is that, correct?

I have found an informative article which will help you in all possible ways to proceed with the upgrade of the memory on your PC.

http://hp.care/2kiz12w

Hope the solution answers your query. Feel free to reply back for more.

Resolv_S

I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement.

Note: HP Doesn't recommend any upgrade/downgrade of any hardware/software parts or software that is bundled with the product. It may affect the manufacturer's warranty.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
Intern
Intern
33 0 1
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you Resolv_S. Is there a phone number to order the memory from HP? Crucial scan tool did not have notebook model in it database and I got a e-mail from Crucial:

This is from Crucial: 

Hello Emery,

Thank you for reaching out to us here at Crucial. After looking into the W0Z50AV we were unable to locate any confirmed compatible RAM modules. This may be due to the system being relatively new. We were able to find some information based off of what you provided to us. This information is not confirmed as we can not pull up information on the specific system. Based off of the RAM in the system, it sounds like it supports DDR4 RAM. We expect non-ECC SODIMM, but we can't determine the maximum amount of RAM or how many RAM slots are in that system. We would advise you to reach out to HP for more information.

I hope it not hard to put in a new memory. 
0 Kudos
Dean
Dean
11043 574 1612
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Is your notebook this model:

Product Name: 17t-x100 W0Z50AV CTO

[CTO == Customized To (your) Order]

If so, then: http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-ENVY-17-Notebook-PC-series/6521474/model/6521475/manuals

states:

Memory Two customer-accessible/upgradable memory module slots

DDR3L-1600MHz Dual Channel Support

Supports up to 16 GB of system RAM

which does not match what you listed -- your RAM can run faster -- 2133 versus 1600.

Most RAM will also run slower than its specifications.

So, if you have 4GB, you either have two 2GB sticks, or you have one 4GB stick.

Thus, either remove one (or both) 2GB sticks, and insert "larger" stick(s), or add one 4GB or 8GB stick.

Note the phrase "customer accessible" -- you should be able to remove one or two screws, and then a access-door, to view the existing RAM.

However, a Google-search for "4GB  SK Hynix 2133MHz" returns some eBay listings for 'DDR4' RAM, not the 'DDR3' RAM that is listed in the HP document.  Hmm.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation