Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
15-ak002na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

if I add a m.2 drive to my laptop will it void the warranty?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Jsvvennsen

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. I understand from your post that you would like to know if installing an M.2 SSD will void the warranty of your HP Pavilion Gaming Notebook - 15-ak002na. 

I'm glad to inform you that it will not void the warranty of your laptop and you may install it. But let me also inform you that HP will not cover and defects of the additional SSD. Moreover, in future if you send the laptop for service to HP service center, the SSD needs to be removed by you and the laptop needs to be shipped to HP in original factory condition.

Hope I have answered your questions. Feel free to let me know if you have anymore questions. Cheers!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Jsvvennsen

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. I understand from your post that you would like to know if installing an M.2 SSD will void the warranty of your HP Pavilion Gaming Notebook - 15-ak002na. 

I'm glad to inform you that it will not void the warranty of your laptop and you may install it. But let me also inform you that HP will not cover and defects of the additional SSD. Moreover, in future if you send the laptop for service to HP service center, the SSD needs to be removed by you and the laptop needs to be shipped to HP in original factory condition.

Hope I have answered your questions. Feel free to let me know if you have anymore questions. Cheers!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.