Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
hp 15-r006tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i want a new and upgraded processor for gaming so plz help

i want to know if i can buy whole new motherboard for my laptop with i7 and a discreate graphic card of 4gb or 2gb

my specs

processor-i3-4010u

ram - 4gb ddr3 1600mhz

graphics -nvidia geforce 820m 2gb

harddisk-500gb

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Here is the Service Manual:

Manual

Intel Core i7-5500U processor and 2 GB of discrete graphics
795814-001

The above would be the top processor motherboard. However, the video is still the 820M 2 gb video you have on your laptop. 
So upgrading to this board if you could even find it would do very little for gaming performance. And you would need a new heatsink, as well. 

Post back with any other questions and please accept as solution if this is the info you needed. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Here is the Service Manual:

Manual

Intel Core i7-5500U processor and 2 GB of discrete graphics
795814-001

The above would be the top processor motherboard. However, the video is still the 820M 2 gb video you have on your laptop. 
So upgrading to this board if you could even find it would do very little for gaming performance. And you would need a new heatsink, as well. 

Post back with any other questions and please accept as solution if this is the info you needed. 

HP Recommended

but will the motherboard fit in my laptop????

the second question i want to ask is can can install an ssd in my laptop as i have 500gb hdd 

HP Recommended

Yes it would fit and yes you can replace the hard drive with a 2.5 inch SATA SSD. 

HP Recommended

Is there another GPU than 820m for my laptop with i7

HP Recommended
Is there is another GPU than before 820m 2gb
HP Recommended

No

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.