04-10-2012 02:34 PM - edited 04-10-2012 03:09 PM
i have HP Pavilion g7-1167dx Notebook PC amd phenom ii quad core 1.80 ghz and i would like to upgrade it. is it possible?
i need a faster cpu for work and i was wondering if it was possible to replace it with something better or am i stuck?
04-14-2012 12:21 PM
Could you tell us what North Bridge is on the motherboard? There are two motherboards for this AMD series laptops. Phenom II N970 might be compatible with the motherboard but it's just my guess..
HP ProBook 640 Sabayon LInux
HP Touchpad provided by HP
*Please, help other users with the same issue by marking your solved topics as "Accept as Solution"*
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot