Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
EliteBook Folio 1040 G1
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

Notebook didn't charge in full and didn't hold a charge so I ran a battery test which resulted in windows recomendation to replace the battery. I replaced the battery. Windows is now showing fully charged. when I disconnect the adapter plug, it will turn off within seconds. When I press the start botton, it will boot again to windows without power cable attached however battery is suddenly showing only two percent and orange power light starts blinking rapidly. When I connect the power cable again the light will remain still and windows saying "2% available, plugged in, charging". After about three minutes it will show fully charged again. 

Did try some troubleshooting: updated windows & bios to latest versions, ran through HP support assistant battery check. second round it showed battery is weak, which shouldn't be as newly purchased. Also ran HP hardware diagnostic -component test, now the battery check result is "cancelled", oddly enough before it was "passed". The AC adapter test passed. Would there be anybody with any suggestions please?. 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Where did you buy the battery? I know its new but all tests say the battery has a problem. 

HP Recommended

battery bought from ebay, don't think it's genuine HP. I 'm in dispute with the seller who is saying that I can charged to full 100% which I cannot.battery bought from ebay, don't think it's genuine HP. I 'm in dispute with the seller who is saying that I can charged to full 100% which I cannot.eBay purchase, I don't think it's a genuine product but does it matter? anyway I'm in dispute with the seller who is now saying I can charge to full 100% anyway which I cannot. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.