03-22-2017 07:40 PM
Hello im in serious need so my chromebook wont hold a charge and when i do pluge in it turns on with out me pushing the power botten i dont know whats wrong with it please someone help
03-22-2017 11:06 PM
I am not sure which Chromebook are you using as you havnt mentioned here.
Let me try helping you with this, it might be an issue with the battery. Follow the below steps:
1. Power down the chromebook if it is not already dead and close the lid.
2. Unplug the charger from both the Chromebook and the wall outlet
3. Plug the charger in to the chromebook.
4. Plug the charger in to the wall socket.
5. KEEP THE CHROMEBOOK CLOSED.
The orange charging LED should now be showing. leave the chromebook charging for an hour and all should be well.
I hope this works for you
If this still doesnt work, please check the troubleshooting guide: http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=c04244478
You can also try a hard reset:
- Turn off the computer.
- Disconnect all peripheral devices and remove all USB devices and media cards.
- Disconnect the AC power adapter. If the Chromebook features a removable battery, remove the battery.
- Press and hold the power button for at least 7 seconds.
- Reconnect the AC power adapter.If you removed the battery, do not reconnect it at this time.
- Turn on the computer.If the computer starts, you are done.
Have a great day!
Click the Thumbs UP (Like) on the left to say 'Thanks'
****Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution”&"Thumbs up "if it solves your problem.****