Did you mean: 
Crystal222
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

complaint - frequent static electric shock

HP ENVY Notebook 15-ae018TX AL

My laptop was purchased one year ago and it had been working fine until lately I have been experiencing frequent static shocks up to 3-4 times a day when using it during the past week. I called the HP customer support team and I was told that such situation is completely normal and they refused to have a check on my laptop. 

While I agree that an occasional static shock might possible be normal when using an eletric device, I don't think frequent static shock is normal at all. In fact, in all my years of using computers of various brands, including Lenovo, SONY vaio, Dell, I have never experienced things like that. I don't understand how the customer support team managed to find an excuse like that. I doubt that the HP sales team would dare to tell a customer that it is normal that HP product releases static shocks up to 3-4 times a day. If they say so, no one would ever consider buying the product because it is not normal, not safe, and not comfirtable using a product like that.

Also, I have been using my HP laptop for a year already. It hadn't had such issues until recently. So I believe there must be something wrong with it and I consulted the IT service department of my university, Currys PC world knowhow team in store, and a local computer repair service company. All of them believe that the situation I described is not normal and I should stop using my laptop and I have to had my laptop examined as soon as possible. I finally had to have my power adapter cable and antistatic IC (a component inside my laptop) replaced in the local computer repair service company which offered the fastest solution and that cost me £70. 

My laptop is still under warranty. I would have been able to save that £70 if HP customer support team had agreed to have a check on my laptop. Now I would like to contact the HP customer complaint team and see if I could get a refund of that £70. However, I have looked through the website and still cannot find an email address to reach them. I don't want to call them anymore. I called them twice already and no one was helpful. And I think emails work better in explaining such situations. So please, if anyone knows how to contact the HP customer complaint team or how to solve this problem, please let me know. Thank you!!

3 REPLIES 3
19,216 14,551 300 1,138
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Crystal222

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
Crystal222
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@kevin-t wrote:

@Crystal222

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

Thank you, Kevin-t!!

0 Kudos
smi66
2 1 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I too get shocked on left side of laptop. Only happens when I pick up and set it down. It is not pleasant. Would like to know if it is safe and precautions I should take. Thanks

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation