Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
pavilion g6-2297se
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

What is the processor  compatible to the laptop? 

pavilion g6-2297se

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3210M CPU @ 2.50GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.5GHz

socket 988b rpga

can i upgrade cpu and what the cpu compatible with my laptop 

thank التقاطhhhh.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I linked you to the Service Manual which is the source of the CPU compatibility list. You can read it for yourself and see that I am not just making it up. If you find it is the Solution please mark as such. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Here is your Service Manual:

Manual

Yes on your model the processor is socketed hence the CPU can be removed and replaced. Top compatible upgrade is a 

Intel Core i7-3632QM (2.2 GHz, SC turbo up to 3.1 GHz, 1600 MHz/6 MB L3 cache, quad core, 35 W) 701658-001

The clock speed on this CPU is lower than yours but 4 cores rather than 2 so in some apps it will perform better. Not sure it would be worth the expense and hassle to do it but you just asked hypothetically can it be done and yes it can. Details in the manual I linked. You use the same heatsink and fan. 

Post back with any further questions and please accept as solution if this is the answer you needed. 

HP Recommended

is this Top compatible upgrade is a  ?? can i see list of cpu upgrade 

and very thank you to reply to me 

HP Recommended

I linked you to the Service Manual which is the source of the CPU compatibility list. You can read it for yourself and see that I am not just making it up. If you find it is the Solution please mark as such. 

HP Recommended

thank you very mach

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.